Last night was a night to remember for the members and the supporters of Viitorul Roman Society, who had the privileged and the honor to meet in person outstanding Romanians.
We learned how we explore and discover the space from:
– Dr. Ing. Bogdan Marcu, expert in Liquid Propulsion technology, author of designs for the Space X Falcon 9/Merlin engines, the Space Shuttle, and Delta IV rockets
– Dr. Ing. Virgil Adumitroaie, Data Scientist at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, an expert in planetary environmental modeling, remote sensing and data interpretation, currently working with the Juno Mission team.
Our special guest, Dr. Ing. Dumitru Prunariu, the first Romanian to fly in space aboard Soyuz 40 spacecraft and Salyut 6 space laboratory, who received the award of Hero of Romania and of Soviet Union in 1981, shared his experience about Soyuz 40 mission with the Romanian diaspora in Los Angeles and American experts in the filed.
Among other special guests were the Romanian Consul in Los Angeles, Mr. Cosmin Dumitrescu and his wife and the President and Executive Director of the Columbia Memorial Space Center in Downey, Mr. Ben Dickow.
The event was organized by Viitorul Roman Society at Columbia Memorial Space Center.
Thank you all for being part of this unique event.
The Viitorul Roman Society in association with the Columbia Memorial Space Center has the pleasure of inviting you to a unique event: an insight into the details of Space Exploration. How does Space feel like? What does one feel when watching the Earth from Space? How do we get to the Moon? How do we explore the Planets and how do we measure and interpret the scientific data telling us what is beneath the surface of the Moon, Jupiter, Jupiter’s moons, the asteroids and comets?
Join us and our special guests :
- Romanian Cosmonaut Dr. Ing. Dumitru Prunariu, our Guest of Honor, visiting from Bucharest. Dr. Prunariu is the 103rd human who flew into space, aboard a Soyuz 40 rocket in 1981, and executing an 8-day mission on the Salyut 6 space laboratory. We will hear firsthand from Dr. Prunariu about man’s presence in space.
- Dr. Virgil Adumitroaie, Data Scientist at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, an expert in planetary environmental modeling, remote sensing and data interpretation, currently working with the Juno Mission team.
- Dr. Bogdan Marcu, expert in Liquid Propulsion technology, author of designs for the Space X Falcon 9/Merlin engines, the Space Shuttle, and Delta IV rockets.
After the presentations, you are invited to a snack and a glass of wine, where our guests will answer your questions and share some more of their experiences.
The event will be held at:
The Columbia Memorial Space Center:
12400 Columbia Way
Downey, CA 90242
Time: 6:00 pm
Please note, due to space limit to 100 seats, the seats are first-come, first-served.